Sunday 9 November 2014

More work in progress

Great news - the book, templates and paper pieces for the La Passacaglia quilt arrived last week. The bad news is that the book is shrink wrapped so I can't take a peek before Christmas. That's probably just as well because I would be tempted to make a tiny start, and I've got so many other things to finish first.



I have picked up a few fat eights though so I'm ready to make a start on Christmas Day (ha, ha - Christmas lunch is at my house this year, so that won't be happening. However Christmas in New Zealand is often low key, and my husband has announced we'll just have a BBQ, so maybe there will be sewing time after all).


The Kaffe fabric at the back is my inspiration for this quilt

I've seen people doing amazing things with their fussy cutting for this quilt, so I'm keen to give that a try with the stripes and zig zags.

I've been working away on 'Your Place or Mine?' because I am committed to finishing the top before the end of 2014. I've now made three of the four corner sections and only have one panel left to applique.



I've also made the next two blocks for the Women of the Bible quilt. I love how they are turning out too.

Noah's wife

Sarah
all four blocks together 
I hope you're having fun with whatever you're making this week.

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have been busy - I'm curious as to what the whole pattern looks like that you show in your first photo

Oops-Lah said...

Your Women of the Bible blocks are lovely and so beautifully made and you have your work cut out with your La Passacaglia quilt, but it's nice work, isn't it? The fabrics you've chosen look fab!

margaret said...

such temptation will yout I wonder. what a challenge you have, we were talking about the Millefiori book at the MQG yesterday. Your place or mine interesting to see how you are joining those strips not seen that before and see you are mixing the block sizes in women of the Bible what a great idea. Bea of Beaquilter posted the Hulda block completed yesterday but I have not received it yet so far I only have the four, hope I have not missed out on it.

Granny Maud's Girl said...

More beautiful blocks in typically Wendy colours.
I am having fun – a bit of progress on Dear Jane finally. Hurrah!

Melody said...

Love what you have sewn, just gorgeous

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

You have allot of EPP going to be happening! The star pattern is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing the development. Plus your hst's are very nice, the background fabric is so interesting with the bright colors. I love your skilled courage! Plus the blocks all seem to have the perfect scale-- of print--very easy on the eye-beautiful

Lorraine said...

You are certainly keeping busy! Not sure I'd be able to keep that book shrink wrapped....

Vicki said...

Wowzer! These fabrics are wonderful. I love what you are doing so far.

Raewyn said...

Exciting to have a new project to look forward to Wendy! And great sewing on your other projects too - looking good :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your Fabrics are very inspiring! Beautiful blocks and the Project with little triangles looks fantastic! x Teje

Jennie said...

Beautiful projects - you're brave to dive in to a Passacaglia - I'm not scared by much, but the fussy cutting opportunities in this scare me - so many people are so iimaginative with their fussy cutting - you seem to have chosen great prints for it! And I want to start Women of the Bible in the new year as my "Project for my 30th Year". Good luck with sewing on Christmas day - wouldn't that be the best present!

Unknown said...

Really looking forward to seeing how your La Passacaglia evolves with all your beautiful bright fabrics Wendy. I managed to get a copy of the book at the Albany Quilt show last week but it will be staying my stash for a while....I will have to live vicariously through you :-)

Anonymous said...

Such pretty blocks. I especially like the blue and green fabrics you chose.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your Women of the Bible blocks are beautiful--I have been faithfully printing out the instructions but haven't tried anything. Yet. What is that gorgeous inspiration fabric by Kaffe? I have all my supplies too, but haven't started...