Sunday 1 November 2015

Halloween Hexies table runner

I finished my Halloween table runner the day before Halloween.  Talk about cutting it fine.


I had fun fussy cutting the Cotton + Steel Spellbound fabrics, and a few black and white extras I had in my stash.  The patterns are all from The New Hexagon book by Katja Marek as shown here:


I machine quilted in the ditch because I really wanted it finished before Halloween and I didn't have much time. I had to toss up between white and black stripes, and black and white stripes for the binding.  You'll see that white and black won out.


We had a lot of Halloween visitors last night, in a wide range of costumes.  These were the funniest ones:


Unfortunately I'm related to the giant banana in the middle.  That's a Kiwi bird on the left, and a pink unicorn on the right - of course!  Yes, it's Spring in New Zealand, and it doesn't get dark until after 8pm at the moment, so trick or treating is usually done in daylight.

I was so pleased that I finished my Gingerbread Haunted House in August.  You can see more photos of it here..





7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your ginger bread haunted house have not seen that one before - the kids are great in their costumes.

margaret said...

the haunted house looks splendid and the runner too, must check it out as I have the book, really must start looking at the books I buy! I am a wimp I turn all the lights off and hide on halloween

Anonymous said...

LOVE your table runner! It turned out fabulous!! It was cold and rainy here in the United States (northern Minnesota) and we didn't see many kids out.

Unknown said...

I love your table runner! I have that same book and am working on the Millifiore Quilt Along that has a large following on Facebook. Are you doing that one too? Thanks for showing your table runner, it's so cute and shows a different way to use the hexies!!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

The quilt is LOVELY!!! Looks great with the haunted house. I love your banana - don't say that very often!! Those costumes are funny!!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Our five trick or treaters (record numbers for us) were all boys. One aged 20 months (baby of a friend) and four neighbourhood boys only a bit smaller than yours (like yours, great costumes). Still eating Halloween chocolate.
Great work on finishing the table runner do quickly. Inspired, I bought the book.

OPQuilt said...

I love that haunted house so much--I never get tired of seeing it.
Cool table runner! I received my Halloween house quilt back from the quilters yesterday, so I'll be early for next year. I just never feel like sewing out of season, it seems like!
Elizabeth
OPQuilt.com